Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last Minute Teacher Idea- Thanksgiving




A couple of years ago we made these big cookies.
Brady loves giving little treats to his teacher....just like his Mom!
If you wanted to make this even easier...you could buy big cookies and save yourself
even more time during this already busy week!
I'm thankful you're my _________ can be given to anyone!






These may look like happy little scarecrows......
to me....they look like lots of little guys laughing at me!


I made these last night...but it all started two days ago when I bought the stuff to make them.
I bought 1 box of chocolate cake and one can of frosting.
I forgot to buy cupcake liners.
So, yesterday I went to 2 stores looking for small liners.  Couldn't find them.
Decided to use my BIG papers I already have...but then I would need more cake.
Found a box of white cake mix in my pantry.
As I'm mixing it up at 8pm I discover I only have 1 egg left.
Very kind hubby ran to the nearest gas station 15 mins. away.
What's wrong with this batch of cupcakes?  They look weird.
I forgot to put oil in the 2nd cake mix...hopefully the frosting will help cover the terrible taste of them!
Didn't have enough frosting so I decided to "whip" it with my mixer to get more air which = more frosting.
In the middle of mixing, my mixer broke.  Nice.
The two boxes I bought to transport the cupcakes in aren't big enough due to the scarecrows.
Not a good baking experience!
However, I'm THANKFUL that these are for the kids...and they will probably enjoy them regardless!
The funny thing is...Brady won't even be at his class party tomorrow!
We're leaving this afternoon for Indiana!






Have a wonderful Thanksgiving
everyone!

12 comments:

Jess said...

That sounds like my baking experiences. Oh, my! :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have had moments like that too! Gotta love baking at the holidays :)
I love the turkey cookies! Super cute.

jen said...

I don't think I've ever met a cupcake I didn't like.
And I'm an adult. They're kids, you're right.

Nicolle said...

Your cupcake story made me laugh. I've had quite a few baking/cooking incidents like that. Love the picture of Brady! :) That is a cute gift idea.

Love ya friend! Happy Thanksgiving.

Jenny said...

Love those big cookies and the cupcakes are so cute. Kids don't care about the taste (even though I think they will taste delish). Sorry about your mixer. Mine died a few years ago making sugar cookies that require a whole pound of butter (my hubby's favorite- I am not kidding, whole pound) and I upgraded to the Kitchenaid Stand up kind, maybe you should put one on your Christmas list.

Jenny said...

I forgot, Happy Thanksgiving! And safe travels to you.

sloan said...

First, the cookie gift idea is AWESOME ... easy + thoughtful = love it!!
Second, I can't get over that string of bad luck, your cupcake project was doomed with so many roadblocks!! But what a great attitude you had - especially to whip the frosting to get it to go further ... you go girl!!
Hope you have a safe road trip and a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jill said...

Both are absolutely adorable!! thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family !!

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

The cupcakes are ADORABLE! So are the big turkey cookies :) You and your creative desserts!!! LOVE THEM! So much fun - you're an awesome mom.

Be safe on your holiday travels, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jess said...

been there!! the cupcakes look great!!! safe travels and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kerri!!

Bring Pretty Back said...

You are such an awesome mom! You amaze me!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

 
site design by designer blogs