Sunday, August 22, 2010

It Took Me All Summer...But I Did It!






I read this book!



I know all you readers out there who read several books a week are thinking...big deal, one book?  But, I'm not a big reader and I was determined to finish my book before school started.   Especially since we were asking our soon to be 2nd grader to read 15 minutes a day this summer.  I wanted him to see me reading too.  He definately saw me reading (the same book all summer) and he asked me the other day, "are you almost done with that book yet?"
Well, I finally finished it this weekend!  Yay!  I chose this book because it was suggested by Pam over at Views From My Kitchen Sink.  It's a good book...just a little deeper than my People magazine that comes in the mail on Fridays!




If anyone out there is interested in reading Little Bee, I'd be happy to send it to you!



9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good for you! I bet it feels good. :) I haven't heard of that book, I'll have to google it to see what it's about.

Susan R said...

If you say it's good, I'm interested. I always want to be reading a book, but find it really hard to find something interesting enough to keep my short attention span. I heard a lot of good things about "The Help" and read that and man was it good, couldn't put it down. If you haven't read "The Help" I'd be happy to loan it to you, we could do a little book swap.
When does Brady start back to school? I bet he's excited to be in 2nd grade. My Paige started 2nd grade two weeks ago, she is liking it so far, but having a hard time making friends. It's early yet.

Kim said...

hehe...that's been me all summer. But I was reading a super easy read by one of my favorite authors so I have no excuses. I was planning to post a very similar post. Too funny!

{cindy} said...

Good for you for at least reading a book!!
I was such a big reader back in the day...now...not so much.:)
Enjoy the day

jen said...

You could send it my way. I'm always ready for a good book.

Gabe said...

way to go Kerri. . .sometimes it is just hard to keep at something you know you should be doing, but it doesn't come easily. . .like me and exercising (what exercising!)

Stef said...

Me too. But by the sound of it...you are going to need a list. I just added it to my goodreads.com account.
I have a couple books I could swap as well.
Eat Pray Love
Charlie St. Cloud

Nicolle said...

I think I will go buy it. I'd ask you to send it my way, but looks like I'm a little late. :)

CB said...

I just picked this book up on the recommendation of a blog friend. I can't wait to finish the book I am reading so I can start it!
I'm new to your blog, came over from another blog. "Hello!".
I am your newest follower :-)
Have a GREAT day!

 
site design by designer blogs