Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Easy Appetizer




We love this chicken dip and it is so easy.  It's my quick go-to recipe if I need an appetizer for a friend's house or if someone stops by for a visit.   We like it HOT...but you can control the amount of hot sauce you add to make it more tolerable for you.


Here's what you'll need:



8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. hot sauce
1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix
cayenne pepper (optional)
12.5 oz. can of chicken
tortilla chips



Add chicken and cream cheese to a bowl (no need to mix yet).  Put it in microwave for about a 90 seconds.  Stir.  Add hot sauce and ranch dressing. Stir.  Add cayenne pepper.  Put back into microwave for 2 minutes and stir.  Done. 

I usually make a double batch if we're going somewhere...because it usually goes pretty quickly!  Serve with tortilla chips.






If you try it...let me know what you think!

10 comments:

Nicolle said...

Kerri, that looks so good. I will print this out and let you know when I try it. We like HOT too, so this is right up my alley! We make our own boneless hot wings a lot and this makes me think of them. YUM!

ps....just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comments lately. You are such a good FRIEND! :)

Anonymous said...

You bet I'm going to try this! We love hot stuff over here too. I like that canned chicken. I'm going to have to use that more often. Hey, you might like my buffalo chicken pizza recipe.

http://tallglassofh2o.blogspot.com/2010/05/yum-buffalo-chicken-pizza.html

Honestly I would spread your dip on the pizza crust and eat it like that!

Karen said...

We love buffalo chicken dip! We might ours just slightly differently. Our ingredients include the chicken, hot sauce, & cream cheese. But then we use bottled blue cheese dressing, & cheddar cheese. I'll have to try it your way too! I've actually got a packet of ranch dressing mix and some cooked chicken right now! (Two things I don't normally just have on hand).

Bring Pretty Back said...

This looks fabulous!!!!!!
YES! Delete that post you had for tomorrow because I'm back sista~ THANK YOU so much for your encouragement and friendship!
Kristin

Jen said...

I needed this recipe on Friday! We had company for the weekend.
Looks and sounds yummy. I like HOT but my husband likes MILD...so 2 batches for us too!
Have a great week!

Kim said...

Cracking up at that HUGE bottle of hot sauce. That would last 20 years around here. We're not big on "hot" around here, but we do love Buffalo Chix Dip. Thanks for the recipe.

Gabe said...

Yummy!!

My boys would love it and I actually think with tortillas it could be a meal. . .what do you think?

Stephanie said...

That looks and sounds delicious! I will have to try it for sure! :) Thanks!

Bridget said...

OMGosh it looks and sounds so good! Going to make this once I get back home and around!!

Gabe said...

ok, now I am stalking you. . .Drew's camera has a fireworks mode on it. . .it did all the work, it was just luck on my part:)

 
site design by designer blogs