Thursday, June 24, 2010

Green Slime





Brady and I made Slime yesterday!  I've been looking around for some boy projects/crafts to do...and finally found this recipe.  It was so easy and super cheap.  Brady loved it!  It only took us about 15 minutes to make, but we played around with our finish product for an hour and a half!   Brady wanted me to mention that the slime did lots of "farting" when we were kneading it in the beginning.  We were laughing so hard! 






So, as you can see...I'm experimenting with this whole picture collage thing!  Just a little blog envy going on again!  If you want to see some awesome collages, check out Cindy's blog!  I am always intrigued by the way she puts her pictures together in a collage format and really makes them stand out on her blog.  My collage is pretty basic...but I'm just happy that I figured out this much!









9 comments:

Karen said...

Cool slime! I should try that with my boys. I'm sure they'd be especially enamored with the 'farting' noise.

How DO you do a picture collage on your blog post? I would love to know.

Karen said...

Hey, Kerri. Me again. To answer your question about my header, I went to shabbyblogs.com and downloaded a (FREE!) header, saved it to Picasa, and then just added pictures to it under collage.

I never thought about making collages for the body of the blog in Picasa. Great idea. I'll have to try that.

{cindy} said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The collage looks awesome!!
I am so glad you tackled it...look out now!!:)

Like Karen said, you can get a lot of really cute headers and backgrounds from Shabby Blogs, that is where my background came from. She also has a very good tutorial on putting photos into the headers. I think she does hers through a different program then Picasa, but the basics are probably the same.

Slime....what a fun project. I bet Brady had a blast. We will need to try this one too.
Enjoy the day

Thanks for the "linky love" that was very sweet of you!!!!!

Bridget said...

It looks like he had a blast playing with it! :D

Angie said...

Oooh LOVELY!! My daughter walked up as I was reading this and now she said "AWESOME!!! I soooo need to make that" ;)

Caitlin said...

I love the slime!!! I totally wanna try it! The black an white picture was taken by our photographer. She's pretty awesome: -) I wish I could have taken that photo! If u live near a murphys camera they have beginner photography classes that are really great.

Jen said...

Emily made this stuff in science last year. She brought it home and we all played with it. Someone dropped some on the carpet in the bonus room and it hardened. It is still really stuck in the carpet...luckily it is in an out of sight place. I guess I'll have to cut it out one day.
But that stuff is super fun!

Susan R said...

What is it about boys and bodily function noises (especially farting)? Have to admit the slime is super cool though.
Not sure if I'm brave enough to let my kids do it. Hmmmm........I'm thinking.

sloan said...

Hi Kerri - we love making slime, though we call it flubber (must be a girl thing!) ... and of course, ours is always some shade of pink, too ;-)
Enjoy!!

 
site design by designer blogs