Why would I want to start a blog? Well, I'm not even totally sure of that answer yet myself! Everybody's doing it?! No. That's not it. Maybe it's that I really enjoy reading other people's blogs and want to try it too! That's sort of it. I'm an okay writer...but I often have trouble putting my thoughts down on paper. When I found out my husband and I were expecting our first child, I ran right out and bought a really cute journal so that I could write down and keep track of everything I was feeling. Wouldn't it be awesome to share someday with my child how much he/she was wanted and already loved before they were even born? I was so excited to be a mom and I wanted to remember everything. Well, I never wrote one lousy sentence in that journal. I even went and bought a second one...one that was a month to month journal calendar. The calendar had small day to day spaces to write in, which I thought would be much easier. I never wrote in that calendar either. The truth is, I wanted my journal to be so "perfect" that I ended up not doing it at all. So pathetic, I know....
Here's my list of reasons for starting a blog:
1. I want to blog to remember this season in my life.
2. I want my blog to be a journal of my thoughts, feelings and experiences.
3. I want my blog to be a creative outlet.
4. I'd like to share craft ideas and recipes with others.
5. I want my blog to be a conversation with others...a way to connect with people who share common interests and values.
6. I want my blog to be like a big email to my family that lives far away.
7. I just turned 40 and have wanted to start a blog for awhile...what better time to start than now!
8. Having a blog is FREE!
So, Why blog? Why not?!
a mailing tip
8 hours ago