My son’s school had an indoor garage sale/ bake sale on Saturday and I was in charge of the bake sale. It was my second year doing the bake sale...and it was so much FUN! Here are some ideas I have used for having a successful bake sale:
1. Have a sign-up form to ask for donations. Ask for specific items so that you will be guaranteed to have a variety of baked goods. (cookies, cupcakes, brownies, crispy treats, whoopie pies, candy, popcorn treats, muffins, bread, pies, etc.)
2. Cut and package baked goods yourself so that everything will be equal for pricing.
3. If the packaging is nice...people will be willing to pay a little more. But, don't price too high or your things won't sell! The cookies below were packaged 3 for $1.00.
4. Offer a variety of quantities for your items. Someone may want a dozen of something while another customer would prefer to buy just one.
4. Make sure everything is clearly priced. Otherwise, people will often try and talk you into paying less!
5. A colorful tablecloth and an interesting display will get more customers to stop by your table!
One last thing...a cute helper is always a plus too!