Sunday, April 18, 2010

Showing My Love

"You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself."
~Harvey S. Firestone

                                                                           


I think I show my LOVE to others through food.    I enjoy cooking, and so I take pleaure in feeding my family everyday.  I tend to overdue it a bit though...and many nights we have too much food on the table for a family of three!  I like making the table look pretty too and I especially like when my two favorite guys make a fuss over whatever I have done!

I tend to give food as gifts too....  Christmas, birthdays, Mother's Day, teacher appreciation, and especially as a way to thank someone.  I think I started doing this when I became a stay at home mom.  I really couldn't afford to give out nice gifts...but I knew I wanted to give something.  Making cookies or bread or whatever takes a little time and effort...and I think that's what helps make a homemade gift a little extra special.   Hopefully others see it this way too....and don't think I'm just being very cheap!



Yesterday I made my mother-in-law these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes for her birthday.  She loves peanut butter and she was so excited when I gave them to her.  Yesterday was kind of a busy day for us...but I'm so glad I found a little time to make them.  Seeing how much she appreciated my gift...made me feel loved by her.


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs