*We had a fundraiser Monday evening at McDonald's for Brady's school. It's called
McTeacher Night...have you ever heard of it? I guess McDonalds has done this for years.
The teachers worked behind the counter from 5-8pm and 10% of all the sales during that
time went to the school. We had such a great turnout and what a fun evening for the kids.
My kind of fundraiser for sure!
* I haven't been taking many pictures lately. I'm frustrated with
* I just started playing Words With Friends (I know I'm a little late) on my phone.
I can see this becoming a problem for me!
* I'm only excited for the Super Bowl because of the snacks...I'm not even sure I could
tell you both the teams who are playing on Sunday.
* My husband and son sure know how to make me feel special. They get so excited for
my birthday. Eric took the day off from work and we went shopping and out to lunch. I'm so
lucky that Eric likes to shop. We laugh a lot when we're out together. We had buffolo chicken
pizza for dinner and they made me my favorite pineapple cake. It's the best cake ever.
They also got me a People magazine, licorice, champagne and a month of tanning. They know
me so well! They both always make me cards too. In 15 1/2 years I've never gotten a store card
from my husband...and I hope I never do. I have a feeling Brady will do the same thing for his wife
someday. One of the things Brady said in his card is that when he looks at me, his heart smiles. I have a
special box that I keep my cards in from them.
*Yesterday I went to a spin class. It's the first time I've been to the gym in months. It was a great class...
my friend that teaches it played all 80's music to her routine...which made it more
tolerable FUN! And then,
after class, I came home and had some birthday cake and licorice for lunch. Ugh! So frustrating. I don't know why I sabotage myself like that?!
* I bought a really cool pair of boots the other day that were originally $129.00...and I got them on sale
for $17.00. There are so many good sales at the mall this time of the year.
* I quizzed Brady this morning on his spelling words like I do every Friday morning. He amazes me. He looks at those spelling words one time and knows them. Words like neighborhood and acquire. And he doesn't forget them either from week to week. Same thing with time tables. It took me all of 3rd grade to memorize those things! Not him. He just knows them. Now, if we could just work on that handwriting of his. Yikes!
* Brady is playing in a big tennis tournament this weekend. They have done away with 8 and under and 10 and under tennis tournaments...so he plays in the 12 and under. Last night Eric was online looking at this tennis recruting website (for his high school players) and saw Brady's name on there! How crazy is that?! How did it get on there?! I guess because he plays in the USTA tournaments everyone has access to such information. Just a little weird to see our son's name on there! Craziness!