Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Rocks!








I never feel I need celebrated as a mother.
I quietly celebrate this privelage each and everyday of my life.
I already feel so blessed to get to be a mom.  Brady's mom.
But, my husband and son feel very differently.
They look forward to Mother's Day.
They make me feel like the BEST mom there ever was.
They make me feel so important and special and loved.
Brady couldn't wait to give me his card he made.
He drew a picture of us and on his shirt it said MOM ROCKS and on my shirt it said MOTHER"S DAY ROCKS!
He wrote the sweetest stuff inside my card. 
Brady also gave me a pot of flowers he made at school.
My two favorite guys made me a video of themselves talking about me.
It made me cry.  I will cherish it always.
(I hope I get another one next year!)
This may have been the first Mother's Day that we didn't leave the house.
It was perfect.
We enjoyed each other.
We worked in the yard and I planted some annuals.
Brady and I finally planted his strawberries....that he's been patiently waiting to do since his birthday.
Eric made me a breakfast casserole.
Brady showered me with too many compliments.
Eric washed the inside and outside of the van for me and cooked steaks on the grill.
I love being a mom, and I'm so thankful that I am able to be one.
It was a beautiful day...that I always want to remember.


~Brady's mom



18 comments:

Bridget said...

That is a cute picture of the two of you! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Nicolle said...

Oh Kerri, I love that picture. Your day sounds like it was just perfect and could not have been any better. I felt spoiled yesterday too, and it meant so much to feel so much love on such a special day. I love that they made you a video. What a treasure!!!

Gabe said...

Sounds like a great day. . .Kinda wish we could have stayed home too. . .But family obligations and all.

Love the video idea! May have to pass that along!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love your reasons to celebrate Mothers Day! Cute pic

Lorri said...

It sounds perfect! My hubby and children gave me a new umbrella for the deck and pillows. But the best gift was totally free. Mack cleaned out my closet! It was exactly what I needed! I, too, feel very blessed to be a mother. :)

CB said...

That picture is sooo cute! Glad you had a good Mother's Day. I am with you I never feel the need to be celebrated but it is fun to be pampered because "they" want to do it :-D

KM said...

How wonderful! You are so blessed to have a thoughtful husband who honors your role as a Mom. :)

Karina said...

I don't think you could have asked for a better day. What an amazing group of men you have in your life.

Stacy said...

Way fun day. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the fishing idea.

Megan said...

That is a great quote. Glad you had a great, simple day! Happy Mother's Day!

Jen said...

What a great day...and a clean van. Awesome. I love the fishing photos too. That hat is super awesome!

Jill said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! A video...how sweet! Love this picture of you two! Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

Tessa said...

I love this! Sounds like your boys know how lucky they are to have you!! I want a video too!:)

Genn said...

Glad you had a good day Kerri!
I love how you said that you quietly celebrate the privelege of being a mother everyday. Thats great. I have been doing that a lot lately too. Children are such a blessing. They really do change us dont they.
:)

sloan said...

wow, now THAT'S a perfect mother's day!! just hearing that there's a video made by the 2 of them makes me cry too - so so so sweet ;-) Happy Mother's Day to you, Kerri!!

yaya said...

Very sweet! I'm glad you had such a great day and also such a wonderful family who know how to treat a lady/mom! They know a good thing when they have it!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness...I love this post! I so want to see your video. How freakin' awesome! And I love that you signed it, "Brady's Mom." Too cute!

{cindy} said...

I am in love with that video idea....you have tow very special men in your life, but you already knew that!!:) I think I may have to put that video on my list for next year....it's not quite as good if you have to ask for it though huh?:)
you are a great mom Kerri,
glad you day was so happy!!

 
site design by designer blogs