Monday, August 15, 2011

My Cousin's Wedding





I took this picture for Brady.  He has never flown, and had lots of questions about what the clouds look like from the plane.  I'm sure people on the plane thought I was a little coo-coo taking pictures through the window.  I did not care.

As Eric and Brady were leaving the airport after dropping me off, Brady said, "I'm gonna miss that girl!" 




My cousins, Brad and Craig.

Craig and I are the same age and grew up together.  Craig is more like a brother to me and teases me constantly.  We were both only children until my sister came along when I was 10 and we were 12 when Brad was born.



Not the best picture...I didn't take many pictures of myself!
This was at the end of the night and I had let my hair down.
Craig teased me most of the evening about my Wilma Flinstone (beaded) necklace.  I'm not sure I will ever wear that necklace again!




This is my aunt Bonnie and Brad's daughter Laiken. 
 Bonnie and I got ready together before the wedding and had several "moments."  Bonnie
has always been like a second mom to me...but we're more like friends.  I've never seen
her look more beautiful.




Craig and his wife Bridget.
(Can you believe Bridget is 12 yrs. older than Craig and I? I tried to find out
what her secret is...but still don't have a clue!) Bridget may be the nicest girl I'veever known. No really, she will do anything for anybody, always.






Brad's beautiful wife Shanna.
She's so kind and sweet and funny.





 Brad's a police officer.  He served in Iraq and just returned from
Afghanistan this spring finishing up his duty.  We're all so proud
of him.   I don't think there was a dry eye in the entire room during
Craig's best man speech.


It was such a FUN wedding...lots of dancing and laughing.  My four days in Arizona went fast.  Thank goodness for cell phones.  I called home several times each day which made me feel not so far away.
  I enjoyed relaxing and catching up with family by the pool. 
I ate at My Big Fat Greek Restuarant, Chipotle, In and Out Burger and Smash Burger.   It's a good thing I don't live in Arizona...I would be big as a house!  Brad and Shanna were married on Saturday, and on Sunday they had us all over to their house for a cookout.  Crazy kids! 







16 comments:

Jill said...

These pictures are great Kerri! I really love the one from the plane. Sounds like you had a great time and they look so happy together!

Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

CB said...

It sounds like you had the best time!!
The bride is gorgeous - they are a beautiful couple. Weddings are such happy family events :-D

P.S. I love that Brady said "I'm going to miss that girl". How cute is that!

Gabe said...

Bradys comment cracked me up. . . He seems like such a "old soul" in a young body!

Glad you had a great time!love the plane photo

Jenny said...

Looks like you had fun and for the record... I LOVE your necklace!

Elena said...

Such a beautiful bride! You had a very good time.

Kat said...

I love the necklace! That sounds like a super fun trip. The bride looked beautiful and all those restaurants sound pretty yummy too. I am a sucker for cheeseburgers.

Stef said...

What fun. I love family get togethers. And I like your necklace. Hahaha.

yaya said...

Nice pics! Especially the plane shot...I'm not fond of flying, but the picture should please Brady! Glad you had such a good time. It looked just beautiful. The couple sure looked happy!

Nicolle said...

You look beautiful in your photo! I love the shot out of the plane. The bride is gorgeous! I'm always a sucker for weddings and wedding photos. We tried to go to In and Out over the weekend. Another new one opened here in Texas, right by us. The traffic was so bad, the line for the drive thru wove through a neighborhood with cops and cones for traffic, etc. We decided to wait!

I'm glad you had a good trip. I love what Brady said!

:)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! As an Arizona girl myself I have to say awesome food choices :) I really like My Big Fat Greek Restaurant and I can never get enough In & Out!

Susan Anderson said...

Hi. I'm new to your blog, and I picked a good day to discover you because I love wedding posts...especially this week. (My brother was married Saturday.)

Beautiful bride, handsome groom!

=)

Stacy said...

Cute wedding. I love the airplane photo.

Megan said...

I was just looking at my kids and their cousins, hoping that they will all stay close as they grow up. How nice that you have and that you could be there for his wedding. She is such a beautiful bride! {And I'm glad you snuck in some of your favorite eats!}

{cindy} said...

Weddings are alwasy so much fun! We haven't been to one in years!
You look beautiful (and i did that necklace!). How great that you are still so close with your cousins.
beautiful bride!!
great ariplane shot too
have a happy day

Karina said...

I always feel like I can walk across the top of the clouds when you see them from the plane. Great shot. Hope you were in AZ when they had that slight cool spell (who in their right mind would get married in AZ in the summer - says the former AZ girl). Nothing like an Arizona sunset though. Beautiful family - hope you enjoyed your time in my old stomping grounds.

Craig said...

I'm Glad you had a good time, I know I did. I really miss spending time with you. You have always been like a sister to me, and most of my favorite childhood memories are with you! Thank you for being such a great cousin (sister)to me. I think I should bring up the fact that I didn't make fun of your necklace until you made fun of my shoes. Just remember....YABA DABA DO means I love you!!! Love you Kerri.

 
site design by designer blogs