Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tis' The Season

It was such a beautiful afternoon when we went to pick out our tree...always one of my favorite days of the year.


 


I mentioned in the gift shop while we were waiting to pay for our Chrismtas tree that I liked this snowman.  Brady insisted on buying it for our house.  I tried to talk him out of it but he said it was his money and Christmas is about giving.  It's one of those moments I will never forget....and will always be one of my favorite decorations.
 

 
 
It's one month today that we've had Steffi.  She's such a sweet, loving, feisty dog!  She's doing so well with potty training...other than not wanting to be outside when it's raining.  I've only had one  breakdown since we've had her where I may have gone to bed crying and asking Eric how long dogs usually live for?  In my defense, it wasn't a good time of the month and we had had cold rainy weather for six straight days.  And, although I complain that it feels like we have a 2 year old in the house and I'm not always ready to get up in the morning when she is ready...she is growing on us more than I could have ever imagined.
 
 
The only cookies we made this Christmas were oreo cookie truffles.  They are Brady's favorite and he could make them all by himself if he wanted.  I can't believe that's the only cookie/candy that we made.  But, with working full time, Brady's crazy tennis schedule, and a new puppy...it's the best I could do.  I will try and do better next year. :)
 
 
 
We had our annual Santa get together last Sunday with friends.
Brady told Santa he wants a lap top.
 
 
 
I've been practicing with my new camera. :)  I think Eric was tired of me telling him I was the only one in the world without a dslr...and so he bought me one on Cyber Monday.  I knew it was going to take some getting used to...but I feel clueless.  I read things online to try and learn my camera...but I'm thinking I may need to take a very basic class.  I'm excited though...and very thankful.
 
 
 
Happy Christmas Eve!








6 comments:

Holly said...

I still don't know how to use my camera... :/
But congrats on getting one!!!

Merry Christmas to your sweet family!

Brady is such a thoughtful boy... your snowman is adorable!

Susan R said...

Oh my word! That snowman would be my favorite gift ever after a stroy like that. Way to go Brady. Way to love on your mama, you are going to be a great man, I can tell.
Steffi is adorable, hang in there, she will be house trianed in no time. Does she have a crate? All I'm going to say is, "It makes all the difference."
Happy Christmas Burns Family

KM said...

Now I am the only one without a dslr camera! :)
Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas break!

Nicolle said...

The tree farm looks like so much fun. We don't have those here in Texas, or not that I know of. The snowman that Brady bought for you is so cute, and I know you will treasure that always.

I love your sweet puppy, but I know, they are HARD work. I might have chuckled a little about you asking Eric how long do dogs live?! :)

I didn't know you got a new camera, or maybe I am just forgetful. What brand? I am so excited for you. I still only use a fraction of the functions on mine, but I am comfortable with a few settings, and that is all I need for now. Enjoy it!

Cindy said...

I love the snowman story and still love that you got Steffi and she's adorable! That picture of Brady by the tree is perfect! (I barely know what an SLR camera is except the good photographers have them!)

{cindy} said...

what an incredible story to go along with that adorable snowman! that brady...i tell ya!!!:)
i love your tree farm days each year. don't cave and buy an artificial one k? i would miss these!
awesome news about the camera. and i still no practically ZERO about mine! but i'm trying to learn...someday!:)
love that last shot kerri.
have a happy day

 
site design by designer blogs