Dear Brady Todd,
I can't believe you are 9 years old today. It's hard for me to remember "me" before you were born. I had no idea when you were growing inside my belly how much you would change my life. You have made me want to be a better person...and I strive to do so everyday. The joy you have brought to my life is immeasurable. I love being your mom and I thank God everyday for letting me do so. And, even though I would love to freeze time and keep you at the age your are right now...I can't help but be proud of the young boy you are turning into.
I thought today I would tell you a few things I love about YOU.
* that you are quick to pat someone on their back to lift their spirits. I see you do this often...and there's nothing that makes me more proud of you than that gentle kindness you have for others.
* your sense of humor. You always are able to make me laugh (even when I try not to!) at your silliness. I love all the "inside" jokes we share. I think these little things are what make our family (or any family) special.
* that you care about my feelings and never want to disappoint me.
* that you wake up every morning with a smile on your face. Unless you are sick, you have never waken up on the wrong side of the bed. Since day one, Dad and I have always been amazed by this.
* that you would give all of the money in your wallet to someone that needed it without hesitation. Whenever we are out and about and you see somewhere to donate...you always ask if you can.
* you never mind me taking pictures of you. I think this shows that you are sensitive to what's important to me.
* that you often express your gratitude. You always seem thankful and appreciative for what you have. You often say, "thanks for taking me here, or thanks for making _____ for dinner." Sometimes at the end of the day, you thank us for a great day. So sweet.
* that you are naive. Dad and I do our best to keep you from growing up too fast.
* that you love music. I love to hear your sweet voice happy and singing.
* talking on the phone with you. You sound so little on the phone!
* your determination...not just in tennis, but in everything you do. Even if it frustrates me sometimes...I know that you are just trying to do your best and are determined to do so.
* that you are a rule follower. This frustrates me too sometimes, but you teach me that rules are rules for a reason.
* that you have zero tolerance for smoking....and if you were president you would make it against the law.
* that you still like to hold my hand. Sometimes you reach for my hand when we are in the store or a parking lot. I will enjoy this while it lasts!
* that you are my go to tech guy! You show me things on my phone and computer that I could never figure out on my own!
* that you make me feel like I'm the BEST mom in the world...and you tell me often that I am.
* that sometimes when our eyes meet I can tell in that moment that you know how much you are loved.
I love you bigger than the universe!